Sapienza carries out important Technology Transfer (TT) activities to promote and share results and knowledge with outside stakeholders.
TT activity is carried out by the Office for Research Enhancement and Innovation (UVRSI). UVRSI coordinates:
UVRSI is divided into 3 areas:
The office works in synergy with the Vice-Rector and with the Commission for Research and Technology Innovation by:
• alining its own position to defined strategical issues;
• providing professional contribution to the initiatives and projects Sapienza is interested in.
TT activities that strengthen links between the scientific and business community include:
• organising group meetings inside departments, with a special focus on young researchers, in order to encourage entrepreneurial culture;
• creating training courses for young researchers that help them understand the potential of their activities and improve their ability to transform innovative ideas into commercial realities;
• creating "open spaces" for the development of innovative ideas/products by Sapienza students;
• matching the Athenaeum's specialists with national/international funding opportunities;
• promoting structured actions through partnerships with entrepreneurial/institutional entities;
• brand valorisation activities for Sapeinza.