The Patent Office offers Sapienza researchers and students:
- information on national and international legislation in the field of trademarks and patents
- support for filing procedures.
The Office also:
- carries out prior art researches to check the novelty of the "new discoveries";
- monitors the State of the Art and the sector industrial progress;
- manages the procedures of filing and extension of patents abroad;
- develops preventive arrangements in cases of co-ownership;
- provides at monitoring and maintaining the University patent portfolio which has 144 Italian patents and 113 foreign patents at the moment.