Metrebus is the public transport system in Rome. It includes:
- Underground/ tube (Metropolitana)
- Urban trains (Treno metropolitano)
There are different types of tickets:
- B.I.T. - Integrated Time Ticket: costs € 1.50 and lasts 100 minutes.
- B.I.G. (one-day ticket) € 6.00. Valid 24 hours on any means of transport.
- B.T.I. (3-days tourist integrated ticket) € 16.50.
- Monthly Pass –: costs € 35, and lasts for the calendar month as printed on the pass, for an unrestricted number of journeys.
- Annual Pass: costs €250 and is valid for 365 days from the date stamped on the pass.
If you are unsure on how to get somewhere in Rome you can calculate the fastest way to get from one place to another in the city by using the Metrebus website:
Taxis in Rome are white, with an identification name and number on the front door and a taximeter inside. Radio Taxi companies are available 24h at the following phone numbers: 06 3570, 06 6645, 06 8822, 06 4157, 06 4994 or 06 5551.
Transfers from/to airports of Rome
- NON- STOP Leonardo express train to and from Rome Termini/ Fiumicino Airport. With trains departing every 30 minutes Leonardo express non-stop train service takes you - every day of the year - from Leonardo da Vinci Airport to the centre of Rome in only half an hour. The train departs from platforms 23/24 in Termini Station, and is guaranteed year around, even in the event of strikes. For passengers with disability or reduced mobility trains are equipped with dedicated seating and equipped restrooms. Ticket fare is 14 euro per person (one way).
- FL1 REGIONAL TRAIN to and From Rome/Fiumicino Airport. With trains departing every 15 minutes Trenitalia’s FL1 regional train takes you from Leonardo da Vinci Airport to the main train stations in Rome (Trastevere, Ostiense, Tuscolana and Tiburtina). The train also stops in many other important stations in Rome. For passengers with disability or reduced mobility trains are equipped with dedicated seating and equipped restrooms. The cost of a one-way ticket from any station within Rome’s rail ring and Parco Leonardo to the Airport is of 8 euro per person (expires 90 minutes after validation).
There are also several bus services from/to Fiumicino Airport to get directly to the center of the city (6€ one way). Please visit the Airport website to check all the possible options
There are several bus services from/to CiampinoAirport to get directly to Rome city centre (i.e. Terravision 4 € one way) or to reach Ciampino railways station (5 min from the airport) or Anagnina Underground Station (15 min from the airport). Please visit the Airport website to check all the possible options.